Outside of bookings, many of our spaces are available at no cost for casual use–a great way to make the most of downtime between classes at Kelburn.
Our facilities include the main gym which is used for court sports, the Boyd-Wilson field and indoor arena, and an activities space with table tennis tables.
Equipment can be borrowed or hired for a small charge from the Recreation Centre reception.
Just Play—drop in sports sessions
These sessions are free, flexible, and open to everyone—perfect for students who are keen to stay active and meet like-minded people, but don’t want a regular or ongoing commitment.
Spaces are reserved for the following sports at regular times each week, so students can turn up and play. Equipment is provided, free of charge.
It is up to those who attend to manage how the time and space is used—you can always see one of our friendly staff if you need any help.
Drop in sports sessions
- Badminton: Mondays 1–2.30 pm, Main Gym, Recreation Centre, Kelburn.
- Running: Mondays 6.15 pm meet at the Recreation Centre, Kelburn.
- Futsal: Tuesdays 1–2.30 pm, Main Gym, Recreation Centre, Kelburn.
- Indoor football: Wednesdays 3–5 pm in the Boyd-Wilson Arena, Recreation Centre, Kelburn (you will need to collect a swipe card from the Recreation Centre first to access the arena).
- Volleyball: Thursdays 2–4 pm, Main Gym, Recreation Centre, Kelburn.
- Basketball: Fridays 2–3.30 pm, Main Gym, Recreation Centre, Kelburn.