Book and cash subject to available funds
No application required
This prize arises from a fund established by Elisabeth Koutaissoff, Professor of the Russian Department, and is awarded for the best work in some aspect of Italian civilisation.
This prize arises from a fund established by Elisabeth Koutaissoff, Professor of the Russian Department.
1. The prize shall be known as the Koutaissoff Prize.
2. The prize shall be awarded annually to the student who, in the opinion of the Director of the Italian Programme of the School of Asian and European Languages and Cultures, has produced the best work in some aspect of Italian civilisation.
3. The prize shall not be awarded more than once to the same student.
4. The value of the prize in any year shall be determined by the Academic Board after consideration of the income from the fund.
5. Part of the prize money shall be spent on a book, or books.
6. If in any year for whatever reason the Prize is not awarded, the income for that year shall be added to the capital fund.