The Faculty of Law prepares its graduates to:
- Have a specialised and contextualised understanding of core legal principles, important legal concepts, and law reform processes.
- Exhibit well-developed skills in legal research and analysis.
- Communicate effectively and accurately in written and oral settings.
- Demonstrate, in the context of legal studies, intellectual autonomy, critical thinking, independence of thought, openness to new ideas, and a capacity to manage their own learning.
- Exhibit an understanding of the role of law in Aotearoa/New Zealand including Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Exhibit an understanding of law in its international context.
- Manifest a commitment to justice.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the ethical obligations that accompany the application and development of the law.
- Work collaboratively, cooperatively, independently, and ethically.