Adjunct Professor Joost de Bruin
MA, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
PhD, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Joost is Adjunct Professor at the Stout Research Centre for New Zealand Studies and Director at the Hundertwasser Art Centre with Wairau Māori Art Gallery in Whangārei. He was previously Associate Professor in Media and Communication at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington and President of Dutch Communities NZ, the national umbrella organisation for Dutch clubs and charitable trusts. As a member of the Dutch Connection Trust and the Te Awahou Nieuwe Stroom Project Steering Group he was involved in the establishment of the Te Awahou Nieuwe Stroom cultural and community centre in Te Awahou/Foxton.
- media audiences, identity and place
- migrant museums and media cultures
- indigenous media and language learning
- cross-cultural consumption of popular media
- local adaptation of global film and television.