City and Guilds of London Full Technological Certificate in Radio and Television with endorsements. Awarded 1975 in United Kingdom.
Registered Electrical Service Technician since 1983 in New Zealand.
Kevin is the audio-visual and multimedia technician for the faculty. he is part of the audio-visual and photographic team that is responsible for supporting:
- audio-visual and Multimedia equipment within seminar and lecture theatres on campus
- portable AV equipment
- photographic facilities and services at the Faculty. Including the newer atrium plasma display, interactive equipment, video conference and lecture recording equipment.
Kevin’s responsibilities include:
- portable AV equipment and PA equipment for public lectures and special functions
- technical support and assistance to staff with multimedia requirements – and this support is often extended to students and often involves production work supporting research and teaching. This includes digital video, digital audio, DVD authoring, multimedia for intranet delivery and specialist advice/assistance for projects and research
- loan of specialist staff audio-visual resources to staff and postgraduate students
- research and development of beta testing for future Audio-visual and Multimedia solutions for the Faculty’s teaching and research programmes
- MediaSite lecture recordings within the ALCF (VS 220) and Lecture Theatre One (LT 1).
Due to time constraints on providing in depth technical multimedia assistance and multimedia production services, all requests for work need to be booked in advance by prior arrangement.
Kevin's office hours are from 8.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday and other times by prior arrangement with the technician as required. Contact SOAD-AV-Technicians for further assistance.