Preparing to return home
Get ready to return home by attending a reintegration briefing, completing a departure checklist, booking travel, and celebrating at our Completion Ceremony.
Once your studies are finished, you’ll take the knowledge and skills you gained during your New Zealand Scholarship home to contribute to your country’s development.
At the end of your last trimester, you will:
- Complete and return your departure checklist.
- Attend a reintegration briefing. This is a compulsory session with the International Development Scholarships team, to prepare you to return home. You will be sent an invitation before you complete your studies.
- Book your final travel. You must leave New Zealand within 14 days of your last exam, assignment or thesis submission or before your visa expires, whichever comes first.
- Organise to send your belongings home. If you’ve acquired more things here in New Zealand that you can’t fit into your suitcase, you can book a cargo service to send the extras home. Check out Pack and Send, XS Baggage or DHL for the best rates. The reintegration allowance can help you to cover the cost.
- Update your CV and refresh your job interview skills. Check out Careers and Employment for more advice.
- Be invited to attend a Completion Ceremony for New Zealand Scholars.
- Become an Alumni to stay in touch with friends and colleagues.