A range of workshops are available to help you improve your health and wellbeing while studying at university.
Wellbeing Workshops are co-facilitated by Manawa Ora—Student Wellbeing Leaders who understand university life and are trained in facilitation and peer support. Book now on Careerhub.
Learn how to:
- manage heavy workloads during busy periods
- prevent and deal with burnout
- deal with imposter syndrome
- build strategies to stay resilient when university get stressful
- plan a routine for organised study and living to manage procrastination
- build assertive communication and negotiation skills.
Workshops are available from 18 July to 10 August 2023. Book now and go in the draw to win a Manawa Ora prize pack that includes a power bank, pop bubble board and reusable fruit and vegetable bag.
Workshops are 45 minutes long and available either face-to-face at 10.30 am at the Kelburn campus or on Zoom at 5.30 pm in the evening. Snacks and hot drinks are provided at face-to-face workshops. Workshops are limited to 12 places. Bookings close 3 hours before the workshop starts. Workshops are not recorded to maintain the privacy of participants.
Attendance counts toward the Wellington Plus Programme, category b, personal and professional development.
Workshops are created by students, for students through evaluation and consultation. What students say about Wellbeing Workshops in their anonymous feedback:
- “These are really helpful, especially for those studying from a distance."
- "Quick, efficient, and focused."
- "It was really great and felt like I was not the only person having an issue."