Learn more about our wide range of postgraduate options; from single courses, to Honours programmes, to more advanced research in our Master’s and PhD degrees.
The Wellington Faculty of Graduate Research (WFGR) administers and oversees all doctoral programmes at Victoria University of Wellington. Information about the PhD and other doctoral programmes, including admission requirements and the application process, can be found on the Wellington Faculty of Graduate Research website .
Postgraduate information events
Find out more information about upcoming postgraduate information events.
The Guide to Postgraduate Study is a general guide for prospective postgraduate students.
All postgraduate students can enrol online with the exception of the following:
- Exchange programmes—see Wellington University International
- Thesis and research-based study—some Master’s programmes and PhD
- Diploma in Clinical Psychology—see School of Psychology
- International students—see Wellington University International.
If you fall into any of the above categories and are unsure who to contact, get in touch with Student Recruitment and Orientation for advice.
- PhD applications are due by 1 March, 1 July and 1 November. See the Wellington Faculty of Graduate Research website for further details.
- Other application deadlines vary. Check the individual course programme information.
Victoria University of Wellington has a range of postgraduate scholarships available. Visit scholarships to find out more.
The Course Finder provides a range of information on the University’s course offerings, including timetable information.