Print on campus
Find out how to use the University's printers, how much it costs, and how to top up your printing account.
You can send course materials, assignments, and essays to print from any student computer or any personal device on campus. When you're ready you can swipe your student ID card at any printer to get your pages.
If you're printing from a personal device, go to the Student Printing Portal and follow the instructions.
How to print
There are Multi-Functional Device printers (MFDs) across all our campuses. As well as printing, the MFDs can scan and send documents.
Collecting your printing
Whether you're printing from student computers or from your own device:
- Your print job will be uploaded and held on a server for two hours.
- During these two hours you can collect your print job from any printer on campus that has a card reader attached.
- Swipe your student identity card, and the printer will start your print job.
Printing is charged per page—you will need to credit your printing account before you can print anything.
Printing charges for student printers are:
- black and white printing—10 cents per page, per side
- colour printing—20 cents per page, per side
- scanning and emailing—no charge.
Topping up your printing account
You can check your balance and top up your account by using the Printing funds portal, which is accessible from any personal device. There is a 'student printing and balance' icon on the desktop of all student computers.
Bulk printing services
If you need bulk or specialist copy, binding, laminating, or print services you can use one of the Fujifilm Document Service Centres. There is a Fujifilm Document Centre at each of the Kelburn and Pipitea campuses.