Access at COVID-19 orange
Find out about accessing the Kelburn Recreation Centre and Pipitea Fitness under COVID-19 Orange.
Last updated 1 December 2021
New Zealand moves to the new COVID-19 Protection Framework on Friday 3 December. From this date, University Recreation will be operating at the Orange setting.
The New Zealand Government has announced guidance for the recreation and fitness sector, stating that at the orange or red settings businesses cannot open unless they follow the My Vaccine Pass requirements.
This means that from Friday 3 December, when you visit the Recreation Centre or Pipitea Fitness, you must:
- follow the entry processes when you arrive. These will be clearly highlighted through our building signage.
- scan in using the QR codes provided for the Government’s NZ COVID Tracer App.
- scan your My Vaccine Pass at our front entry. We are using the Ministry of Health’s supplied NZ Pass Verifier App to validate your pass.
- swipe your student, staff, or member ID card at this point for verification. Or, if you’re an external user, provide a valid form of photo ID.
You'll see an easing of the current restrictions in place throughout our facilities. You won't need to make bookings for fitness sessions and group exercise classes. The maximum capacities in our spaces will increase. And you'll be able to use some fitness equipment that was previously unavailable due to physical distancing requirements.
Make sure you bring the following with you for each visit:
- a copy of your My Vaccine Pass (either a printed or digital copy).
- your phone, for scanning into the Government’s NZ COVID Tracer App.
- a mask—we encourage you to wear a face covering while moving through our buildings.
- your student, staff, or member ID.
Thanks for your patience and understanding as we adapt to the new operating framework. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.