Volunteer at International Orientation
Volunteer at International Orientation and help introduce new international students to Wellington.
As a Wellington University International volunteer, you’ll:
- help out at International Orientation
- join Vic Crew to show international students around the city
- earn points towards your Victoria International Leadership Programme (VILP) or Wellington Plus Award.
As an International Orientation volunteer, you’ll:
- chat to new students
- help them navigate International Orientation
- lead Campus Tours
- be a welcoming, positive person
- help with practical aspects of the orientation programme if asked.
You’ll need to commit at least 8 hours of your time across orientation week—we’ll roster you into activities that fit around your other commitments.
If you’re in the Victoria International Leadership Programme, volunteering at International Orientation can earn you up to 40 experiential points (equivalent to a total of 20 hours of service) under the Cross-Cultural Communication Category.
The number of points you get will depend on the total hours of service you contribute.
Volunteering at International Orientation or Capital Safaris counts as an activity for the Wellington Plus Award.
To get your points, complete an Activity Verification form—you’ll find these on CareerHub, under Wellington Plus resources.
If you have any questions about volunteering, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.