Find out more details about this partner university.
Read current reviews | Read past reviews | Visit the university's website
Commerce, Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Science
South Korea, Asia
Language of instruction
Level of study
Check out the Hallym Exchange blog here: click here.
Spring (Trimester 1)
• Arrival date: Late February
• Late February – Late June
• Midterm: approx. April 15-19
• Final exams: mid to late June
Fall (Trimester 2)
• Arrival date: Late August
• Early September – Mid December
• Midterm: approx. Late October
• Final exams: (Usually) Mid December
Exchange programme benefits for students
• A Basic Korean Language course and an ‘Intensive Beginning Korean’ (For students with grasp of Korean already) are offered each semester for exchange students for free.
• Guaranteed University Accommodation
• Buddy program
• Cultural activities (Field Trips)
• Farewell party
Korean Health Insurance Laws will change in February 2021. All incoming international students must take out Korean Health Insurance by law.
1 or 2 Trimesters
VUW students should enrol in at least 15 credits or 4 courses per semester.
The recommended course load is a minimum of 15 credits, a maximum of 21 credits.
1 Credit = 4 VUW points
100 & 200 level should transfer at 100 level, and 300 & 400 at 200/300 level.
Most courses taught in English are from Business / Management, International Studies and Korean Studies and Cyber Security and Digital Forensics. There are limited Media Studies classes and English Literature classes