More information

Find out more details about this partner university.

City University of Hong Kong

Read current reviews | Read past reviews | Visit the university's website

Subject areas

Architecture, Commerce, Design, Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Law, Science


Hong Kong, Asia

Language of instruction


Level of study


Additional information

Course information: click here.

Information for incoming exchange students:
click here.
click here.

On Campus Accommodation:
Exchange students may apply for accommodation at Student Residence but it is NOT guaranteed due to limited spaces. Allocation of accommodation will be made by a random ballot.. Students should file their accommodation application before the deadline.

Off Campus Accommodation:
click here.

The rental for off-campus accommodation varies depending on the size, location, age of the building, etc. Students are advised to research ans search for off-campus housing early.

For more information regarding accommodation options please visit: click here.

Full year exchange beginning in semester B is possible but students are normally recommended to start in September.

Notes for a start in semester B:
Due to the summer holiday in between the two semesters, students will have their exchange application (including course plan) for semester B approved first. The student visa will cover semester B only. Upon arrival, the student will be required to resubmit the exchange application (including course plan) again for semester A, around April, as well as apply for a new student visa for semester A. For student dormitory, they also have to make new application for semester A. As the student visa won’t cover the summer period, they will have to leave Hong Kong during summer.

Exchange length

1 or 2 Trimesters

Course load

VUW students should enrol in at least 4 courses per semester.

3 Credit Units = 15 VUW points

12-18 credit units per semester. Exchange students must take full-time credit-unit load, i.e. at least 12 credits per semester in order to comply with student visa requirements set by the Hong Kong SAR Immigration.

Generally 1000 or 2000 transfer as Victoria 100 level and 3000 or 4000 level upper as 200 or 300 level.

Exchange restrictions