Dr Mohammed Khaled
Demand Systems, Economics of Scale and Scope, Production and Cost Frontiers, Stock-market Efficiency Tests, Earnings-returns Relations.
BA Dhaka, MSc (Econ) Islam, MA (Econ) Essex, PhD Br Col
- An introduction to modern econometrics with applications (Pearson Prentice-Hall, Auckland 2008), 297pp.
- Mathematics for business and economics (Pearson Prentice-Hall, Auckland 2007), second edition, 297pp.
- Mathematics for business and economics, with P.Proffitt, (Pearson-Prentice-Hall, 2003), 262pp.
- ‘Seasonal affective disorder and IPO underpricing: Updated evidence’ (with M. Keefe and S. Keef), Journal of Neuroscience, Psychology and Economics, 8, 2 (2015), pp. 78-99.
- 'Seasonal affective disorder: The seasons versus the length of night’ (with M. Keefe and S. Keef),The Empirical Economic Letters, 12, 12 (2013), pp. 1365-1369.
- 'Seasonal affective disorder: Onset and recovery' (with S. Keef) Journal of Socio-Economics, 42 (2013), pp. 136-139.
- 'International evidence on the September swoon' (with S. Keef) The Empirical Economics Letters, 12, 4 (2013), pp. 411-417.
- 'The dynamics of the Monday effect in international stock indices' International Review of Financial Analysis, 18, 3 (2009), pp. 125-133. www.elsevier.com/copyright.
- 'New Zealand's "love affair" with houses and cars' New Zealand Economic Papers, 42, 1 (2008), pp. 127-148.
- 'The changing demand for apparel in New Zealand and import protection' (with R. Lattimore), Journal of Asian Economics, 17, 3 (May-June 2006).
- 'Tests of weak-form efficiency of the Dhaka stock exchange' (with A. Islam), Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 32 (2005), 7 & 8, pp. 1613-1624.
- 'Fragmenting markets and quality change in New Zealand foods: Empirical analysis with a Rotterdam model' (with R. Lattimore and V. McWha), German Journal of Agricultural Economics (Agrarwirtschaft), 53, 8 (2004), pp. 222-229.
- 'Estimates of scale and scope economies in the New Zealand life insurance industry' (with M.B. Adams and M. Pickford), The Manchester School, 69, 3 (June 2001), pp. 327-349.
- 'Effects of transport costs on exports from New Zealand to the USA' (with J. Guria), International Journal of Transport Economics, XVII, 1 (February 1990), pp. 77-94.
- 'Estimates of energy and non-energy elasticities in selected Asian manufacturing sectors' (with C. Siddayao et al.), Energy Economics, (April 1987), pp.115-128.
- 'The Incidence and exportability of hotel occupancy and other tourist taxes' (with E. Fujii and J. Mak), National Tax Journal, XXXVIII, 2 (June 1985), pp. 169-177.
- 'Parametric productivity measurement and choice among flexible functional forms' (with E. Berndt), Journal of Political Economy, (December 1979).