Prof Ilan Noy
Teaching in 2020
as Course Coordinator and Lectureras Course Coordinator and Lecturer
Professorial Chair in the Economics of Disasters
Professor Ilan Noy is the inaugural Chair in the Economics of Disasters, established in July 2013 with sponsorship from Victoria University of Wellington, the Earthquake Commission (EQC) and the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI). It is understood to be the first such Chair in the world.
The focus of the Chair is on the research and application of economics and public policy insights to the management of natural and other disasters.
To access Ilan's research visit his personal website.
- International and development economics
- Natural disasters, financial crises and capital flows
- Environmental economics, including economics of climate change.
Roles and responsibilities
- Founding Editor-in-Chief: Economics of Disasters and Climate Change
- Disaster and Economic Science Leader: Extreme Events and the Emergence of Climate Change (MBIE Endeavour programme)
- Director: Technology Platform Three and Deputy Leader: Flagship Three at QuakeCoRE
- Affiliate Graduate Faculty and UHERO Fellow: University of Hawai’i, Manoa
- Development Team Member: KAN Network on Emergent Risks and Extreme Events
- Member of the the Wellington Mayoral Taskforce on Insurance
To find a full list of Professor Ilan Noy's current and past roles, see his CV on his personal website.
BA Hebrew University, Jerusalem
PhD University of California, Santa Cruz