Prof Don Shin
Teaching in 2020
as Course Coordinator and Lectureras Course Coordinator and Lectureras Course Coordinator and Lecturer
BA Seoul National University
MA University of California,Los Angeles
PhD University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Labor Economics, Applied Econometrics, Structural Labor Markets
- 'Inflation and wage rigidity/flexibility in the short run' (with S. Park), Economic Inquiry, forthcoming.
- 'Two birds with one stone: Female employment, fertility and market childcare' (with J. Hwang and S. Park), Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 90 (2018), pp. 171-193.
- 'The extent and nature of downward nominal wage flexibility: An analysis of longitudinal worker/establishment data from Korea' (with S. Park), Labour Economics, 48C (2017), pp. 67-86.
- 'Measuring social unrest based on income distribution' (with Y. Lee), Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 34, 3 (2016), pp. 457-471.
- 'Wage adjustment in the great recession and other downturns: Evidence from the United States and Great Britain' (with M. Elsby and G. Solon), Journal of Labor Economics, 34, 1 (2016), pp. 249-291.
- 'Trends in men's earnings volatility: What does the panel study of income dynamics show?' (with G. Solon), Journal of Public Economics, 95 (7-8), (2011), pp. 973-982.