Wellington ICT Graduate School Maori and Pasifika Scholarship
The School offers four postgraduate degrees through Victoria University of Wellington - Master of Software Development, Master of Professional Business Analysis, Master of User Experience Design, Master of Design Technology and two postgraduate programmes through Whitireia – Master of Information Technology and Postgraduate Diploma ICT.
The Wellington ICT Graduate School (WICTGS) has established two full tuition scholarships for Māori and Pasifika students studying any one of the School’s taught Master’s programmes or Postgraduate Diploma ICT offered through our partners Victoria University of Wellington, Whitireia and WelTec. Preference will be given to those experiencing financial hardship.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must be enrolled and accepted by the Tertiary provider into one of the School’s programmes starting in March or July 2020.
- Applicants must be of Maori or Pasifika background
- Applicants must provide proof of ethnicity, iwi, whakapapa.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Director of the Wellington ICT Graduate School, a representative from the VC Pasifika Office and a representative from the DVC Maori Office.
Each scholarship is valued up to $24,000 to cover tuition fees.
Scholarships are conditional on acceptance and enrolment into the programme. Successful applicants must agree to acting as a Student Role Model for Maori and Pasifika Students, and provide a student profile for the School’s marketing and website.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.
Please contact the Wellington ICT Graduate School Academic Advisor to discuss any of the School’s programmes.