Victoria University of Wellington Bachelor of Midwifery Inaugural Scholarship
The Victoria University of Wellington Bachelor of Midwifery Inaugural Scholarship is for students who meet the programme’s academic and general entrance requirements and receive an unconditional offer to commence full-time study in Trimester 1 2020.
The purpose of this scholarship is to launch the Bachelor of Midwifery programme within the Wellington Faculty of Health.
Academic merit will be the main-focus when assessing applications, but as a secondary consideration preference may be given to Māori or Pasifika students and applicants experiencing financial hardship.
- Applicants must be a New Zealand Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Applicants must be intending to commence the Bachelor of Midwifery in Trimester 1 2020
- Applicants must meet all academic and general entry requirements of the Bachelor of Midwifery programme
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A 500 word statement outlining why you have chosen to study Midwifery at Victoria University of Wellington
- A copy of your CV
Recipients will be selected by the Head of Midwifery Programme, the Associate Dean (Academic, Equity and Students) and the Manager, School of Nursing, Midwifery, and Health Practice.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.