Victoria Research Support Grant
The Victoria Research Support Grant is to support students undertaking postgraduate research at Victoria University of Wellington.
This grant was established, via the Victoria University of Wellington Foundation, to support students undertaking postgraduate research at Victoria University of Wellington.
This scholarship is open to to any research Masters (90 points or more) or PhD students. Priority will be given to those students conducting postgraduate research in Law. Priority may also be given to postgraduate students from Pacific Island countries although other candidates may be considered, including Pacific Island students resident in New Zealand. Selection to be made based on academic excellence and financial hardship. Financial hardship may be assessed by Student Financial Advice, if appropriate.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a Masters research (90 points or more) or PhD student at Victoria University of Wellington
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A statement outlining personal circumstances and financial hardship (if applicable)
- A reference from Supervisor or Head of School (to be requested via the online application)
Successful recipient will be selected by the donor in consultation with the Victoria Research Scholarship Committee when necessary.
Recipients must write a letter of thanks to the donor of this scholarship. Recipients will also be required to provide an annual report on their research project and work on a budget with a Student Financial Advisor (if appropriate).
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.