Trimester 3, 2020 - Master of Global Business and Master of Professional Accounting Scholarship
This scholarship is being offered to support domestic students starting either the Master of Professional Accounting or the Master of Global Business in Trimester 3, 2020 at Victoria University of Wellington.
The scholarship will provide a contribution towards tuition fees for Trimester 3 courses.
Applicants must meet the entry requirements for either the Master of Global Business or the Master of Professional Accounting and be enrolled for a Trimester 3, 2020 start at Victoria University of Wellington. Scholarships will be awarded competitively on the basis of academic merit and preference may be given to applicants of Māori or Pasifika descent. The scholarships are open to citizens and permanent residents of New Zealand.
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or Permanent Residents of at least two years standing.
- Applicants must have completed an online application to Victoria University of Wellington for either the Master of Global Business or the Master of Professional Accounting to study one or more courses in Trimester 3, 2020.
- Applicants must not be eligible for the Tertiary Commission Fees Free scheme.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A one-page personal statement outlining how you meet the criteria for this scholarship, reasons for study, career aspirations and what holding the award will mean.
Applications will be assessed by the Executive Director, Professional Programmes, the Academic Programme Leader Master of Global Business and Programme Director, the Master of Professional Accounting or delegate(s) prior to the start of Trimester 3.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application on or before 6 November 2020.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- Completing an application does not guarantee the applicant a scholarship.
- Recipients must also meet the University’s academic admission requirements. Specific programmes may have additional entry requirements.
- Scholarships contribute towards the cost of course tuition fees. Recipients will be responsible for paying the Student Services Levy, Student Assistance Levy and any required course materials.
- Recipients cannot hold another university-administered scholarship, which pays their fees, during the same period.
- If a recipient chooses to withdraw from courses after the two week free withdrawal period following the start of Trimester 3, and does not qualify for a fee reconsideration due to exception circumstances, the recipient will be required to repay the scholarship.
- The modes of course delivery for Trimester 3 2020 may be subject to change due to the pandemic. The University is committed to providing a learning environment that enables students to engage fully with their studies. On campus, online, and blended learning environments may be offered, as appropriate and in accordance with prevailing government advice.