Warren and Mahoney MIA Scholarship
History and purpose
Warren and Mahoney established this award in 2017 through a desire to recognise talented individuals in the field of Interior Architecture and offer them the opportunity to build closer ties with their firm and the industry in general.
This scholarship is open to applicants in their 4th or 5th year (Part 1 or Part 2) of study in a Master of Interior Architecture degree at Victoria University of Wellington.
Who is Eligible?
- The donor is looking for an individual who demonstrates a flair for design and innovation, along with good communication skills and a high level of academic achievement.
- Applicants must be in their 4th or 5th year (Part 1 or Part 2) of study in a Master of Interior Architecture degree at Victoria University of Wellington.
How do students apply?
All scholarship applications are submitted through Community Force.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A personal statement detailing why they wish to hold this scholarship and work for Warren and Mahoney.
- A portfolio showcasing the best of their work (the size of sample portfolio must not exceed 10MB).
The successful recipient will be selected by the Head of School (or nominee), the Director of Postgraduate Programmes, the Programme Director of Interior Architecture at Victoria University of Wellington and representatives from Warren and Mahoney.
The value of this scholarship is $2,000 (a summer internship may also be organised directly with Warren and Mahoney).
Recipients must write a letter of thanks to the donor of this scholarship.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.
Scholarships and PhD Admissions Office
Phone 0800 04 04 04