Ngā Manu Trust Research Scholarship
The scholarship has been established by the Ngā Manu Trust. This scholarship is to support science students conducting research in the Ngā Manu Nature Reserve.
The scholarship has been established by the Ngā Manu Trust (www.ngamanu.co.nz) through the Victoria University Foundation, for the purpose of funding research that has relevance to the natural environment at Ngā Manu Nature Reserve in Waikanae.
The scholarship is open to Honours or Master’s students of Victoria University of Wellington who are doing, or are intending to do a research project based either partially or entirely at Nga Manu Nature Reserve.
- Applicants must be enrolled full time in a Bachelor of Science (Honours) or Master of Science at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Applicants must be conducting research that takes place partially or entirely in the Ngā Manu Nature Reserve.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A brief summary of your study and research objectives
- A budget statement outlining how the scholarship funds will be spent on research project
- An academic reference
The selection panel will comprise, where relevant, the Head of the School of Biological Sciences, Postgraduate Programme Director, Environmental Studies and the Director of the Centre of Biodiversity & Restoration Ecology (or their nominees).
Depending on availability the recipient of this scholarship may be provided accommodation at the Ngā Manu Nature Reserve while conducting their research.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.