Machine Learning for Streaming Data
Study area(s): Technology
Scholarship level: Doctoral
Closing date(s): 1 May
Tenure: 3 years
Number offered: One
Value: $35,000 stipend per annum for three years, plus full fees
This PhD scholarship is for any student with the appropriate skill set and seeking to create novel semi-supervised learning algorithms for streaming data.
History and Purpose
This scholarship is funded by a Marsden project.
Who is eligible?
- (Requisite) Experience with machine learning for streaming data.
- (Requisite) Familiarity with supervised and unsupervised learning in a streaming setting.
- (Recommended) Knowledge of concept drift detection and recovery strategies.
- (Helpful) Knowledge of semi-supervised learning algorithms.
- Academic merit
Please apply directly to Heitor Gomes firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship specific documentation
- Cover letter (1-page pdf) explaining your particular interest in this research area
- MSc transcript (if available)
The successful applicant will be selected by the project’s Principal Investigator
The scholarship stipend will be paid in monthly instalments.
Regulations and conditions
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being enrolled in a full-year programme (as stipulated by Studylink as full-time), within the criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- Where part-time study for the recipient is approved, their scholarship award may be pro-rated. This decision will be made by the decision-making panel. Before the recipient decides to reduce their workload from full-time study, this must be discussed with the Scholarships Office.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other University awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.
If you have any queries, please contact Heitor Gomes email@example.com