FUJIFILM Masters Scholarship in Computer Science
This scholarship is to support Masters students in Computer Science where the proposed area of study has commercial potential.
Fuji Film (formerly Fuji Xerox) has established a research scholarship as part of a five year partnership with Victoria University of Wellington to support Masters students in Computer Science where the proposed area of study has commercial potential.
The scholarship is open to top domestic and international students who are currently studying or intending to study Masters in Computer Science at Victoria University of Wellington. Their proposed area of study should have commercial potential. Selection will be based on academic merit and evidence of some hardship preventing them from pursuing study.
- Applicants must be currently studying or intending to study Masters in Computer Science by research at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Applicants must be currently residing in New Zealand.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A personal statement (to include evidence of financial hardship)
- One page research proposal
- A reference from an academic (to be requested via the online application)
The successful recipient will be selected by a panel of Fuji Film representative and Head of School of Engineering and Computer Science.
Recipients must write a letter of thanks to the donor of this scholarship.
Recipients should provide a report of findings for Fuji Film and be prepared to make a presentation to them at the end of study.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.