Datacom Systems Scholarship in Computer Science
This scholarship is offered to a full-time student undertaking their second year of study in Computer Science, Cyber Security or Software Engineering.
This scholarship is open to full-time second year students enrolled in Computer Science, Cyber Security or Software Engineering at Victoria University of Wellington. The recipient will be selected based on academic merit.
This Scholarship was established in 2002 by Datacom Systems.
- Applicants must be currently studying full time at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Applicants must be in their second year (200 level) of a Bachelor of Science majoring in Computer Science, Cyber Security or Software Engineering.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Shortlisted applicants may be requested to attend an interview.
Scholarship specific documentation
The selection panel will comprise representatives from the School of Engineering and Computer Science. The selection panel will discuss the recommended candidates with Datacom before a final decision is made .
The value of this scholarship includes a $5,000 stipend and the opportunity of a summer internship to be arranged directly with Datacom.
A representative of Datacom will present a certificate to the successful applicant at a lecture or similar in the first semester of the academic year.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for the University and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- The recipient is expected to write a letter of thanks to the donor upon receiving the scholarship, and provide Datacom with an end of year report.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.