Bowen Eye Clinic Scholarship
The aim of this scholarship is to help students with a focus on lab and technical work in their chosen field of study.
Bowen Eye Clinic (www.boweneye.co.nz/about-us) wishes to support a student at Victoria University of Wellington undertaking a MSc or PhD under the supervision of the School of Biological Sciences or the School of Psychology.
This scholarship is open to students enrolled at Victoria University of Wellington undertaking a Masters or PhD in the School of Biological Sciences, or the School of Psychology. Students will be selected on the basis of their aptitude for technical laboratory work and work ethic, however, financial hardship may be taken into consideration as a secondary factor.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Masters by Thesis or PhD in the School of Biological Sciences or the School of Psychology.
There is no application, the scholarship is awarded by nomination from the donor.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A personal statement outlining how the scholarship will support your studies and any financial circumstances that you currently face (financial documents do not need to be submitted in support of this).
The successful recipient will be selected by nomination from the donor.
- Students are asked to write a letter of thanks to the donor
- Students are asked to provide an end of year report to the donor on how the scholarship has supported them during their studies
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.