Ahunuku Māori Summer Research Scholarship
The Ahunuku Māori Summer Research Scholarship 2023-2024 is available through GNS Science, Te Pū Ao over the summer.
Selected scholars are expected to contribute a minimum of 400 hours to the project between November 2023 and February 2024. All projects must be completed by the start of Trimester 1, 2024.
Each scholarship will have a value of $8,000, paid in four equal instalments.
Eligibility and conditions
- Applicants must be Māori, or of Māori descent.
- Applicants will be selected on the basis of academic merit, expertise in the research area, and recommendations from GNS staff associated with the project.
- Applicants must have completed at least two years of their undergraduate degree and are currently enrolled at any Australian or New Zealand University in an undergraduate, Honours, or first year of a Masters' degree.
- Selected applicants must comply with the standard Summer Research Scholarship conditions.
- Students apply through the Summer Research Scholarship application
Students enrolled in a PhD or Masters by Thesis programs are not eligible.
Applications for Ahunuku Māori Summer Scholarships open on 4 September 2023 and close 4.30pm, 18 September 2023 (New Zealand time zone).
To apply for any of the following projects, an online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date.Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
When applying, please note the corresponding scholarship code for each project.
For further details on the projects or for any questions about the scholarship, please contact: