Von Zedlitz Prize
$500 (subject to available funds)
No application required
The prize is awarded to the best student in French.
If no French student worthy of the award, the prize may be awarded to a student of any modern foreign language taught at the Victoria University of Wellington.
This prize was set up in 1950 by ex-students and friends of the Victoria University of Wellington. The prize commemorates the work of Professor G W von Zedlitz, first Professor of Modern Languages.
- No student may receive the Von Zedlitz and the Eichelbaum Prizes in the same year.
- The prize is awarded annually on the recommendation of the Head of School (or nominee).
- The value of the prize is determined after consideration of the income from the fund.
- Recipients are encouraged to purchase a book, or books, with the award.
- Recipients are asked to write a letter of appreciation which will be forwarded appropriately.