Harold Large Prize
Book and cash subject to available funds
No application required
This prize arises from a bequest by Mrs Amy Hadfield Hutchinson of Napier in memory of her brother, Harold Large BA (Cambridge).
It is awarded to the best student in English literature of the Renaissance period.
This prize arises from a bequest of $2,000 by Mrs Amy Hadfield Hutchinson of Napier in memory of her brother, Harold Large BA (Cambridge).
1. The prize shall be open to any student attending during the year a class in English literature of the Renaissance period.
2. The prize shall be awarded annually by the Academic Board on the recommendation of the Head, School of English, Film and Theatre to the best student worthy of the prize in the year of the award.
3. The value of the prize in any year shall be determined by the Academic Board after consideration of the income from the fund and the number of prize winners.
4. Part of the prize money shall be spent on a book, or books.
5. If in any year any part of the income from the fund is not expended, the balance may be used in a subsequent year or, if the Academic Board so decides, may be added to the capital fund.