Prize for Film Studies
Subject to available funds
No application required
This prize arises from a fund established by the Wai-te-ata Press in 1986 and is awarded to the best undergraduate or graduate student completing courses in film history, criticism or production.
This prize arises from a fund established by the Wai-te-ata Press in 1986.
1. The prize shall be open to any student enrolled in courses relating to film history, criticism, or production.
2. The prize shall be awarded annually by the Academic Board on the recommendation of staff teaching film courses to the best student, undergraduate or graduate, completing courses in film history, criticism, or production in that year.
3. The value of the prize in any year shall be determined by the Academic Board after consideration of the income from the fund.
4. Part of the prize shall consist of a book, books, video, tape, or disc, or any combination of these.
5. In any year, any part of the income from the fund not expended shall be added to the fund.