$300 (subject to available funds)
No application required
This prize is awarded to the best student in any Geology class.
This prize arises from a fund subscribed in 1954 by ex-students and friends of the Victoria University of Wellington to commemorate the work of Professor C A Cotton, Head of the Geology Department and Professor of Geology from 1909-1953.
- The prize is open to any student attending a Geology class during the year.
- The prize is offered annually and is awarded to the student judged by the Director of the Geology programme to be the best student worthy of the prize.
- The value of the prize in any year shall be determined after consideration of the income from the fund and the number of prize winners.
- If in any year the whole of the income from the fund is not expended, the balance may be used in a subsequent year or may be added to the capital fund.
- A student may only receive the prize once.
- The recipient will be asked to write a letter of appreciation, which will be forwarded appropriately.