Chartwell Trust Student Art Writing Prize
The prize is open to all students attending Victoria University of Wellington in 2018.
The Chartwell Trust Student Art Writing Prize is an annual award that invites students of Victoria University of Wellington to write a review or essay about an exhibition at the Adam Art Gallery or a work from the Victoria University of Wellington Art Collection. The prize is generously sponsored by The Chartwell Trust which provides support and patronage to a number of selected art projects, galleries and artists, with the central aim of providing opportunities for the encouragement of understanding about art both within the public art sector and the wider community.
- The winning entry is judged by a panel of experts from within and outside the University.
- The winner will receive a prize of $500 and have their essay published on the Adam Art Gallery website www.adamartgallery.org.nz.
- The organisers reserve the right to split the prize between no more than two entries.
- From time to time judges will also commend submissions in addition to the winning entry.
- Entries should be in the form of a review or essay addressing an exhibition at the Adam Art Gallery or a work from the Victoria University of Wellington Art Collection. VUW Art Collection works are displayed in public locations at the Victoria University of Wellington campuses in Kelburn, Te Aro and Pipitea.
- Submissions should be no more than 1,500 words.
- Texts should be clearly labelled with author's name, contact details, course of study and student ID.
- Texts must be submitted in Microsoft Word format (A4, 1.5 spaced).
- View previous winning entries at www.adamartgallery.org.nz/learning-opportunities/chartwell-trust-student-writing-prize.
- The Chartwell Trust Student Art Writing Prizec/- Adam Art GalleryVictoria University of WellingtonPO Box 600Wellington 6140