Dr Yinka Moses
Teaching in 2020
Teaching in 2020
Olayinka (Yinka) Moses is a Lecturer at Wellington School of Business and Government. Yinka teaches Management Accounting and Accounting Information Systems in the School of Accounting and Commercial Law. Yinka’s recently completed PhD in Accounting investigates how the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) reduces the perceived level of corruption in poor but resource-rich countries, and the economic value of EITI information disclosed under the EITI implementation regime.
Yinka’s research interest is in the area of financial reporting and financial management with a particular focus on developing economies.
Moses, O., (with Houqe, M. N., & van Zijl, T.), (2018). What is the Economic Value of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) Information Disclosure? Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics 14(2), 216-233. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcae.2018.05.003
Moses, O., (with Ehalaiye, D., Maimako, S. S., & Fasua, K. O.), (2018). Consequences of the Treasury Single Account Policy on the Wealth of Nigerian Commercial Banks’ Shareholders. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 1-15 https://doi.org/10.1080/1540496X.2017.1356715
Moses, O., (with Jatau, U. V., Ande, J. O. M., & Okwoli, A. A.), (2014). Firms’ Performance and corporate social disclosures: cross-sectional evidence from Nigerian firms. International Journal of Management Practice, 7(4), 341-365https://doi.org/10.1504/IJMP.2014.065231
Awards and Prizes
- Early Career Researcher Award -Best Paper Prize in Accounting, African Accounting and Finance Association (September 2018).
- Philip Brown Travel Scholarship - Accounting & Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand Doctoral Education Network (February 2016).
- Institute of Finance Professionals New Zealand Conference Scholarship recipient (September 2016).
- Wellington International Student Excellence Award first equal prize winner (October 2016).
- Life Membership Award, Postgraduate Students Association, Victoria University of Wellington (December 2016).
- Postgraduate Teaching Award Nominee for Faculty of Commerce, Victoria University of Wellington, Victoria Awards 2016.
- R W Steele Scholarship in Accounting 2015 (January 2016).
- Craig Buck Andrews PhD Scholarship in Financial Reporting and Financial Management (February 2015).
- Best Paper Prize: Finance, African Accounting Finance Association Conference (September 2012).