Toihuarewa is comprised of academics, general staff, students and community representatives.
Officially membership of Toihuarewa includes:
- The Toiahurei (Convenor);
- The Pou Hautū;
- All Māori academic staff of the University who elect to be members of Toihuarewa;
- Associate Deans (Students);
- Two representatives of Ngāi Tauira, the Māori Students' Association;
- Two external representatives of Māori, including iwi; and
- Non-Māori staff teaching in papers or undertaking research with significant Māori content, at the invitation of Te Toiahurei.
In recent times, Toihuarewa has welcomed the wider participation of Māori General Staff.
If you are interested in becoming a member of Toihuarewa, contact Cecilia Tuiomanufili.