The Kelburn Library supports study, teaching and research, offers a range of study spaces and houses most of our physical collection.
Facilities and services
- The Library service point (Info Ihonui) is located at the Level 2 entrance of the Rankine Brown building. Ask here if you need assistance locating items or using the collection and spaces.
- Green zones for group work and conversations are Levels 1, 2, and 3. Blue zones for quiet individual study are on L3 (Reading room) and levels 4, 5, and 6.
- Six bookable study rooms are available on Level 1 of the Hub. There are also three bookable study rooms located on each of Levels 5 and 6.
- The Glass Room is located at the north-west end of Level 2 of the Library holding the Library’s audiovisual and course reserves collections
- Laptops, calculators, staplers, and multiplugs are available for borrowing from Victoria Info Ihonui, Level 2.
- 0800 LIB CALL: If you need help finding items in the Kelburn Library you can call or text the Library 0800 number. Library staff can help you find a book, respond to noise complaints and help you to navigate the library. Phone: 0800 LIBCALL (0800 5422255) or text 027 542 7279
Audio Visual facilities
Room RB110 is available for booking to view AV resources (DVD, Bluray, VHS). Please ask at Info Ihonui Level 2 for the room to be unlocked.
AV collections are available in the Glass Room on Level 2.
Kelburn Library tours
To help you find your way around the Kelburn Library we offer regularly scheduled Library tours at the start of Trimester 1.
Come along on a 20-minute tour and learn about Kelburn Library spaces, services, and the resources we can offer to support your study and research.
We are happy to arrange tours at any time. Ask the staff at Victoria Info Ihonui or get in touch with the Library by email or phone.