Summer Hackfest - Telling Stories with Data
Come and join us for Summer Hackfest 2020: Telling Stories with Data.
The theme for Summer Hackfest 2020 is Telling Stories with Data. Over two days (27-28 Jan), attendees will be trained in the art of digital storytelling and data journalism to complete a team based project using New Zealand social, cultural and historical data. Register now through the following link - https://vuw.libcal.com/event/5223333
Alongside hands-on training in digital storytelling tools and data, local and international experts will provide keynote sessions on their experiences in creating the right narrative, in the right way, to ensure data is understood and delivered in a meaningful way.
Summer Hackfest will provide attendees with:
- hands-on experience with modern technology and tools that are key to creating interactive data experiences
- an understanding of creating stories and narrative around social, cultural and historical data
- a critical and ethical lens that can be applied when working on future data projects
- access to local and international expertise from the digital humanities, data journalism and data science disciplines
- experience hacking and visualising exciting and important open-data from across New Zealand's public and GLAM sectors
Summer Hackfest will finish with group projects presenting a 'one set of data, five different ways' in a challenge for prizes, digital badges and ongoing bragging rights until Summer Hackfest 2021!