BA, LLB(Hons) VUW, LLM, SJD Toronto
Eddie Clark joined the Law Faculty of Victoria University of Wellington in February 2015. A VUW alumnus, he graduated in 2005 with a BA/LLB(Hons). After graduation, he worked for a number of years at a leading commercial firm, specialising in regulatory and administrative law, before completing his LLM and SJD at the University of Toronto. While in Toronto, he was on the adjunct faculty of both the University of Toronto and Osgoode Hall Law School, and worked as a researcher at the Law Commission of Ontario. His current research work is centred on his dissertation, which concerns the role of administrative law in opening up the administrative state to public participation.
Eddie is currently the Faculty of Law Honours Coordinator.
Areas of supervision
- Public Law
- Administrative Law
- Law & Democracy
- Law & Sexuality
Selection of publications
- "Ombudsman investigations" at Government Law - Year in Review Half-Day Seminar (NZCPL, Wellington, 26 February 2019).
- "Judicial Review" at Government Law Year in Review Half-Day Seminar (NZCPL, Wellington, 12 February 2018).
- "Reasonably Unified: the Hidden Convergence of Standard of Review in the Wake of Baker" (2017) Canadian Journal of Administrative Law and Practice.
- (with Dean Knight) Regulations Review Committee Digest (6th ed, NZ Centre for Public Law, Wellington, 2016) pp 171.
- "Reasonably Unified: the Hidden Convergence of Standards of Review in the Wake of Baker" at Cambridge Public Law Conference 2016 The Unity of Public Law? (Cambridge, 12-14 September 2016).
- "The Construction of Homosexuality in New Zealand Judicial Writing" (2006) 37 Victoria University of Wellington Law Review 199.
- "Ex parte orders in the Family Court and the New Zealand Bill of Rights Act 1990" (2003) 4 Butterworths Family Law Journal 205.