The University provides over 1000 Windows or Mac OS computers across all our campuses.
The computers have a standard operating system (Windows or Mac OS) and applications to provide a consistent look and feel to support students in their studies.
Most computers are PCs, but there is one Mac Lab in Murphy 211 with 25 Macs available to use.
General applications included on student machines include:
- Office 365, for communications, word-processing, spreadsheets and presentations
- SPSS, for data mining and statistical software
- Endnote, for publishing and managing bibliographies
- Amos, structural modelling software
- MiKTEX, document typesetting tool
- CorelDRAW graphics suite, drawing and image editing.
Other course specific applications are available. Speak with your course tutor or lecturers to discuss course related software.
Each machine has anti-virus and spyware protection to ensure the security and privacy of your information.