Trimester 2 2020 tutoring applications now open
Find out how to apply for tutoring in the School of History, Philosophy, Political Science and International Relations.
The School of History, Philosophy, Political Science and International Relations (HPPI) invites you to apply for tutoring and marking in Trimester 2 of 2020.
Please note that due to current budget constraints, the number of tutoring positions may be reduced, we will therefore be offering marking work as well.
Please register your interest by completing the Expression of Interest Form, attaching a one-page CV with relevant teaching experience (only attach a CV if you are new to tutoring in HPPI). Please ensure you answer all questions.
Applications are due by 12 June 2020
Return via email HPPI@vuw.ac.nz or drop into office:
History Tutoring: Teresa Durham (Old Kirk 405)
Philosophy Tutoring: Henry Beckford (Murphy 518)
PSIR Tutoring: Adrienne Nolan (Murphy 518)
Offers of tutoring are made primarily on the basis of academic merit. The School also has regard to factors such as previous tutoring experience and workload. Minimal qualification: enrolled in BA (Hons), preferably in the discipline you wish to tutor, or equivalent degree. Based on the above criteria preference is given to current PhD or Masters students.
We cannot guarantee that all applicants will be offered tutoring opportunities nor make any commitment until we have received (a) notification via the budget process of our funding, and (b) an indication of the likely level of enrolment in courses.
Your general duties as a Tutor include:
- Attendance at lectures;
- Preparation for tutorials (including readings and exercises);
- Delivery of scheduled tutorials;
- Availability for specified student consultation each week during teaching times;
- Marking of student work;
- Meetings with other tutors and the course co-ordinator; and
- Other duties as required by the course co-ordinator.
- Return marked assignments to students during tutorials, lectures or office hours;
- Submit uncollected marked assignments to the Administrator in alphabetical order by surname;
- Record marks of individual assignments as advised by course coordinator and submit on time.
You can find links to the courses offered in 2020 here.