Harnessing technology for better health outcomes
We now face healthcare needs and expectations at a scale our current system is unable to respond to. Digital health offers transformational opportunities to reach more people in their own space, and to use data and digital technologies to make healthcare more personalised and effective.
The Wellington Faculty of Health—Te Wāhanga Tātai Hauora has a strong, interdisciplinary focus on digital health. Our research interests span big data, machine learning, gaming and behaviour change, mental health, health promotion, software, equity, and more.
Areas of research
Digital health collaborators
Researchers from a range of disciplines at the University are working in this area.
Digital mental health catalyst co-directors
- Dr Terry Fleming, Associate Professor in Health
- Fran Kewene (Ngāti Whakaue, Ngāti Whare), Lecturer in School of Health
Digital health working group
- Dr Simon McCallum, Senior Lecturer in Software Engineering, School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Helen Andreae, Lecturer in Interaction Design, School of Design Innovation
- Dr Craig Anslow, Lecturer in Software Engineering, School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Dr Brian Robinson, Senior Lecturer, School of Nursing, Midiwfery, and Health Practice
- Professor Markus Melloh, Dean Wellington Faculty of Health