Offer an internship
Connect with talented students, provide valuable work experience, and help create a strong workforce in your industry through offering an internship.
Contact Careers and Employment to talk about offering an internship to suit your needs, or view the list of internship programmes offered by our schools and faculties.
An internship is a paid or unpaid work experience programme related to the student's study or their career plans. They can run for a few weeks to several months.
Internships need to:
- be for a fixed term
- be structured
- provide mentorship, supervision, and performance feedback.
Internships can be:
- full time or part time
- during university holidays or during term time alongside studies
- paid employment where studies are deferred until the internship is completed
- in New Zealand or overseas.
Internships are an excellent way for your organisation to boost its recruitment activities. Interns bring enthusiasm and a fresh point of view to the workplace, stimulating creative thinking and providing new alternatives.
- strengthening the relationship between your organisation and the academic community—students and staff
- helping you meet short-term project deadlines—interns can provide professional or para-professional staff support
- tapping into students who come equipped with the latest academic thinking and knowledge of recent technical innovations
- when you need to take on new staff, you will have a ready pool of talented people who understand your culture and can hit the ground running.
Advertise an internship
You can advertise your internships for free on NZUni Talent or contact Careers and Employment for further details.