Network Engineering major
If you are currently enrolled in the Network Engineering major you can complete the degree, or transfer to the major in Software Engineering.
The School of Engineering and Computer Science has contacted current students with details about transition plans. If you would like more information contact the faculty office.
If you are currently enrolled in the major in Network Engineering and intend to complete the qualification, you'll need to meet the following degree and major requirements:
- Complete at least 480 points, of which at least 120 shall be from courses numbered 400 level of another from the BE(Hons) schedule, and meet the following requirements:
- Seven Part 1 course at 100 level:
- Either COMP 102 or COMP 112
- COMP 103
- ENGR 101
- ENGR 110
- ENGR 121 and ENGR 123 (or MATH 151 and 161)
- One course from PHYS 100-199, or ENGR 141 or ENGR 142
- Five Part 2 professional practise courses:
- ENGR 201
- ENGR 301
- ENGR 302
- ENGR 401
- ENGR 489
- Three Part 2 work experience courses:
- ENGR 291
- ENGR 391
- ENGR 491
- Five Part 2 major courses at 200-level:
- COMP 261
- NWEN 241
- NWEN 243
- At least two further courses from (ECEN 201-239, SWEN 221-225)
- Five Part 2 major courses at 300 level:
- NWEN 301
- NWEN 302
- NWEN 304
- NWEN 342 (or NWEN 242)
- One course from (NWEN 303, COMP 301-399, ECEN 301-399, SWEN 301-399)
- Four Part 2 major courses at 400 level:
- Three courses from ENGR 440, NWEN 401-439
- One further course from (CGRA 407-459, COMP 401-479, ECEN 401-479, ENGR 440, ENGR 441, NWEN 401-479, SWEN 401-479).
- And further elective courses as required to make up a total of 480 points.
These requirements are taken from the 2019 Calendar.