Aroha String Quartet—China Impressions
Date: Sunday, 9 October 2016.
Venue: St Andrew’s on The Terrace.
The Aroha Quartet presents a musical journey across China. Dynamic video images designed by Jon He will accompany the performance of Eight Colours by Tan Dun.
- arr. A Ke-Jian & Zheng De-Ren: Song of Emancipation.
- Zhou Long: Eight Chinese Folk Songs.
- Ding Shan-De: Reflection of the moon in the Er-quan spring.
- arr. Zhu Jian-Er & Shi Yong-Kang: The Whitehaired Girl.
- Tan Dun: Eight Colours for String Quartet.
- arr. Ding Zhi-Nuo: Eternal Friendship.
Tickets: General admission $20, Concessions $10.
Tickets can be purchased from Eventfinda. Door sales available 30 minutes prior to concert.
The concert is part of the Confucius Institute at Victoria University of Wellington China–New Zealand Musical Exchange programme.