Optional tour events
Optional activities for (26-27 October 2017) delegates attending the ATRIP conference.
Day 3, Thursday 26 October—Optional tour events
Wellington city sights and coastline tour
Departs at 2pm from Bunny Street Bus stop outside Law Building.
Discover Wellington City and our rugged coastline through the eyes of a local on this tour. Experience the best attractions and must-see landmarks and get off the tourist trail.
Take in a beautiful 360° view of Wellington from Mount Victoria, experience the rugged South Coast, and explore quaint villages throughout the city and ride on the famous Cable Car and sit back and enjoy Wellington City at its finest.
The perfect introduction to the Capital City operates—rain or shine.
- View New Zealand’s Parliament Buildings and Beehive
- Pop into Old Saint Paul’s Cathedral (guided tour)
- Wander around the Wellington Botanic Gardens
- Ride the historic Wellington Cable Car (one way cost included)
- Feel the breeze at the top of Mount Victoria
- Enjoy your personal tour commentary by your local guide
- Make the most of photo opportunities in and around Wellington City.
To book the Wellington city sights and coastline tour:
- Go to the Hammonds City Sights website.
- Select the Adult 2pm tour.
- Click Book Now.
- Select the date, eg. 26 October.
- Enter the Promo Code VICCS.
- Click apply for a discounted rate before proceeding to the checkout.
Day 4, Friday 27 October—Optional tour events
Palliser Bay—Off the Beaten Track
Departs 8.30am, you will be collected from your hotel.
Stunning scenery, sumptuous wine… and seals.
Visit Lake Ferry and the fishing village of Ngawi, and discover stunning views of the rugged Palliser Bay coastline, a destination not to be missed when exploring the Wellington region.
Enjoy a close encounter with the largest fur seal colony in the North Island. Visit the Cape Palliser lighthouse, and on the way home stop in charming Martinborough for a world-class wine tasting.
Stop for lunch at the historic Lake Ferry Hotel—and perhaps try their famous fish and chips. This tour promises unforgettable memories of New Zealand’s diverse scenery.
- Visit a seal colony—the largest in the North Island.
- Explore a Lord of the Rings site at Kaitoke.
- View the beautiful Cape Palliser Bay Lighthouse.
- Enjoy lunch at the historic Lake Ferry Hotel.
- Delight in wine tastings in Martinborough.
To book the Palliser Bay—Off the Beaten Track:
- Go to Palliser Bay—Off the Beaten Track website.
- Select Adult.
- Click Book Now.
- Select the date, eg. 27 October.
- Enter the Promo Code VICPB.
- Click apply for a discounted rate before proceeding to the Checkout.
In the additional comments box, enter your hotel name and we will confirm a pick up time prior to 8.30am.