University Flats consists of more than 40 self-contained houses located on Kelburn campus.
- University Flats are fully furnished, with bedding supplied. They range in size from three to ten residents. Residents are responsible for cleaning their own rooms and share responsibility for communal areas.
- University Flats can house 220 residents in single study bedrooms and 26 residents in twinshare study bedrooms.
- Flats can be rented to established groups, tell us who you’d like to flat with in your application.
- 10-minute walk to Kelburn campus. 15-minute walk to the city.
- Applications are considered from full-time senior students (not school leavers).
- Residency is fixed term for the academic year (mid-February to mid-November). Single trimester residence may be available for those starting or finishing studies mid-year.
Fees quoted are for 2021 and are subject to change. Rates will be confirmed when you receive your offer.
- Fees include electricity and laundry charges. Additional charge for excessive use of electricity.
- The accommodation fees are payable in advance in four instalments throughout the academic year. If you do not have a New Zealand financial guarantor, then you are required to pay for each trimester upfront.
- Residential Advisers and Senior Residents provide support and care.
- Residents can participate in fun inter-hall events, as well as in-hall activities.
Wireless broadband internet connection is provided. Heavy usage of internet may attract an extra charge.
Basic furniture and whiteware is provided. Items that are not provided by the hall will need to be supplied by the residents. For a list of chattels provided, view the Handbook.
Most flats provide laundry facilities. The remainder have access to communal laundry facilities.
Limited off-street parking available. Uncovered parking: $125 per trimester. Covered parking: $250 per trimester. Street parking is in high demand. Residents can also apply for parking permits provided by the Wellington City Council.
PO Box 600
University Flats Office
2 Waiteata Road
Victoria University of Wellington