Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington Council: External Appointment
The Nominations Panel of the University Council invites applications for one position on Council.
This appointment will commence on 1 January 2023 for a term of up to four years.
The Panel is seeking candidates who have:
- knowledge, skills, or experience relevant to university governance including academic, research, and international context capability
- an understanding of, and a commitment to, the Treaty of Waitangi and have a recognised standing within the Māori community and among iwi networks
- an appreciation of the Pasifika context
- business experience and commercial acumen, with a sound knowledge of complex operating environments
- an understanding of, and a commitment to, the role and purpose of universities, the student and staff experience, and the values of the University.
The Nominations Panel is charged with ensuring that the University Council reflects the diversity of Te Herenga Waka’s community and the intentions of the Council membership statute.
For more details and an application package, please contact the Secretary to Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 027 563 5196.
Applications close on Monday 10 October 2022 at 5 pm.